Post Status Notifier (PSN) is a plugin for WordPress.
Notify every post status transition!
You want to be notified when one of your contributors have submitted a new post for revision or an editor published one? Vice versa you want to notify contributors when their posts got published?
This is just the beginning of what you can achieve with Post Status Notifier!
It works with all kind of custom post types, supports all custom taxonomies like categories and tags other plugins are using. You can grab all these taxonomy values and custom fields attached to a post and use them as placeholders in your custom notification texts. PSN has a powerful conditional template syntax featuring many filters and functions to get the most out of the placeholders!
Define as many notification rules as you need with all kind of settings, like custom CC, BCC and FROM emails addresses. PSN is extensible! Build your custom module to implement a new notification service.
PSN works great with plugins like WP Job Manager (read the blog post), Calendarize.it (read the blog post), Crowdfunding by Astoundify (read the blog post), WP User Frontend (read the blog post) or Advanced Custom Fields, just to name a few. The possibilities are endless. Want to automate your publishing workflow with Buffer? No problem: Read the blog post.
This plugin notifies about status changes of your WordPress content. It can send email notifications with custom text to any recipient you like. It is especially characterized by great flexibility.
And if you are looking for a solution to create custom email notifications for user submitted posts, PSN works great together with Frontend Publishing Pro, also available on CodeCanyon.
New in version 1.9.0:
- New status “Not scheduled”
- New rule condition: Post ID whitelist / blacklist, see documentation page.
- New rule condition: Exclude recipients by user ID or email address
- Custom rule match condition based on template syntax, see: Dynamic match condition
New in version 1.8.8:
- Content Diffs, see: http://docs.ifeelweb.de/post-status-notifier/content_diffs.html
New in versin 1.8:
- Rule trigger limitations, see: http://docs.ifeelweb.de/post-status-notifier/limitations.html
- Dynamic recipients, see: http://docs.ifeelweb.de/post-status-notifier/dynamic_recipients.html
- Late execution, see: http://docs.ifeelweb.de/post-status-notifier/options.html#late-execution
- Mandrill support, see: http://docs.ifeelweb.de/post-status-notifier/options.html#advanced
- Redesigned options page for better overview
- Define custom notification rules
- Categories filter: Include or exclude categories (even from custom post types) from notifications
- Create custom email texts with support for many placeholders
- Supports user roles (custom roles too) as email recipients
- Import / export of your notification rules
- Custom sender e-mail. Define the notification sender (FROM) per rule or as a default in the options.
- Support for HTML mails
- Create email templates for reusability
- Handle large amounts of generated notification emails by sending them deferred
- Customize max amount, mail queue execution recurrence and max tries on errors
- Optionally log successfully sent emails in the mail queue log
- Uses WordPress’s internal Cron API to trigger mail queue execution
- Support for posts, pages and all custom post types
- Support for all post status values
- You can choose from a variety of placeholders to perfectly adapt the email texts to your needs
- Dynamic placeholders: You will be able to fetch every custom field or taxonomy attached to your posts
- Placeholder filters: Completely adjust the content of placeholders to your needs (supports the filters of the famous PHP template engine Twig)
- Use PSN’s powerful conditional template syntax to dynamically create your notification texts
- Many filters to change the placeholder contents
- Conditions (if, elseif, else) and Loops
- Use special functions to access any kind of data e.g. wp.get_userdata( [post_author] )
- Store your recipients email addresses in custom lists. No need to create WordPress user accounts for each recipient.
- Supports SMTP. You find all necessary SMTP settings to connect your SMTP server in the options section.
- WordPress multisite compatible
- Optional logging: Logs status changes based on your rules
- Dashboard widget showing the latest log entries
- Comprehensive documentation
- Included translations: english, german
- Support in english and german via Zendesk: ifeelwebde.zendesk.com
- Tested on Windows, Mac OS and Linux
- Built on our ifeelweb.de WordPress Plugin Framework
- PSN is ready to be extended by custom modules (see the manual)
- Implement support for your own notification / messaging service
- Add custom placeholders to perfectly adjust PSN to your plugin or theme
- Endless possibilities…
- Please contact me if you have questions about extending PSN
What customers say
“Great plugin, look through maybe 7 plugins until found this one and it is the best.”
“just got the pro version and it’s working great, awesome plugin man and thanks for your excellent support”
“This plugin is very intuitive and works great. Very helpful support. Top notch!”
“Thank you for your great support – the plugin works great now and has accomplished what 5 other commercial and free plugins couldn’t – to provide simple and configurable email notifications for WP status changes.”
Who is using it?
Here are some simple examples of how you can use Post Status Notifier. You can easily adapt the notification rules to your own use case.
You host a blog / website with several authors and you want to be informed when a new post is ready for review? This rule sends a notification email to the blog admin when a new post got submitted for review.
This rule sends an email to the author of a post when it got published.
This rule is for blog admins who want to be informed about every single post status change.